Sunday, September 23, 2007

Too good for words - The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Reviews

Watching this movie for the first time way back on its opening night was a jaw-dropping experience for me. I hadn't been a long time fan of the books (only a few short months) but I fell in love with them immediately and I was very pleased with PJ's adaptation of them. This is a better adaptation than The Two Towers and I like this one a little better but only because I prefer the more ethereal qualities to this one. This one also has more moments of awe and wonder over the landscapes. It takes time to pour over the caverns of Moria, it reverently admires the Argonath (those tall statues) and plays with us in the Shire. There are also more elves in this movie and I think that they're the best of Tolkien's creation. The action and acting are all superb and I love how actual minitures and people in silly costumes were used instead of fake-looking CGI. Yes, there were computer effects, but minatures and real actors blended with CGI gives the movie a more believable aspect. This is my absolute favourite movie and am eagerly anticipating Return of the King!!

No comments: