Friday, September 28, 2007

An epic classic - The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Reviews

I have to admit the first time I saw this movie I didn't think too highly of it. Maybe because I was expecting something else...like the usual Hollywood garbage. After watching it a few times I really came to appreciate the land of Middle Earth and all of its inhabitants. Peter Jackson does an amazing job directing this film. Every time I watch it I notice something different. The world he adapts from the novels is so grand in scale and so intricate in detail that it is difficult to take it in all at once. It reminds me of the original Star Wars movies in this way. I wouldn't feel right reviewing a movie without some type of critique, so if I have to I will say some of the fighting with the orcs gets repetitive. Everything else is just amazing though. Direction, visuals, acting, story, character development, scene sequencing, music, costumes - they all reflect an unwavering commitment to quality and authenticity from the cast and crew. J.R.R. Tolkien would be proud.

No comments: