Saturday, September 22, 2007

The best there is!! - The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Reviews

The best film(s) ever made. I can say that before seeing the next two because they were all made at once so they can only be better on the CGI sequences as even more battle scenes will be included especially in The Return of the King (17,12.2003 !!!). This first part of the trilogy The Fellowship of the Ring is perfect. I actually only accidentally went to see it the day it was released last year because I heard about it but didn't know too much about it. I'm saying this because it makes my opinion unbiased. I was blown away. I didn't know how long it was so after the fellowship leaves Rivendell and they walk over the mountains one by one I thought it was over; at that point I already thought it was excellent maybe a bit short though. The following 90 minutes blew me away. Never had I witnessed cinema in such beauty and perfection. I went and watched it the next day again and 4 more times in the cinema as late as March. I have seen it about 30-40 times and I'm not bored yet. As soon as the screen goes black at the start and Cate Blanchett aka. Galadriel starts talking 'The World is changed, I feel it in the water...', I can not take my eyes of my screen. When Frodo meets Gandalf for the first time, the battle scenes, the cave troll, the Balrog (!), Legolas shooting the arrows (the sound to it is perfect), the scene where the sound goes down because they think Gandalf is dead, the visuals of Lothlorien, the river statues (Aragonath), the scene when Boromir dies and even the very last scene that concludes with '...I'm glad you are with me' are perfection in its purest form. It's a masterpiece and it will never be surpassed by anyone. Years of preparation and filming still going on for the Return of the King paid off for Peter Jackson, little Frodo and all the others involved in this landmark movie. It's not a movie it's art in every way. Cinematography, score, acting etc... everything in it is perfect. As you can see it's not my favourite movie for no reason. Watch it. It's more than worth it even if you are not into fantasy/ action/ romance/thriller/etc..., see what I'm getting at, yes exactly it's all in it, so if you know what's good you gonna like it.

No comments: